1. According to Eli Lake’s article
"Mr. Parsi has been called to the White House, lectured at the CIA and visited Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton."
2. NIAC did get money from NED. NIAC got 3 grants from NED. The 2002 money from NED was for NIAC to use inside Iran and was $25,000.
3. NED is funded largely by the U.S. Congress and it is monitored by U.S. Congress and the U.S. State Department. It is set up as a "unique institution" that gets its money from U.S. tax payers but is independent and private so that it could fund organizations in sensitive areas.
4. Actually what Fred wrote in his blog appears correct to me. //iranian.com/main/blog/fred/niac-lobby-answer
NIAC opposed funding for democracy promotion but itself got money from NED to go inside Iran and do such work. NIAC says that American support for opposition would taint them, but the President of NIAC lectured for the CIA. Why is it bad for the American president to publically say dictatorship is bad and he supports the establishment of democracy and democrats in Iran, but it is perfectly fine for the President of NIAC to provide his analysis to the CIA??????
Am I missing something? Are the above basic facts or are they disputed assertions?
I have the following questions for YOU.
1. Do YOU support Dr. Trita Parsi presenting his lecture (information and/or analysis) for the CIA? Please yes or no.
2. Would YOU go and present a lecture for the CIA?
3. Do YOU support getting funded indirectly by the U.S. government (i.e., funds coming from U.S. Congress to NED to one’s group)? Yes or no?
|Recently by Masoud Kazemzadeh||Comments||Date|
|Great News for the PMOI, and Terrible News for the Terrorist Regime|
|Sep 22, 2012|
|On the Lawsuit “Trita Parsi and NIAC v. Hassan Daieoleslam.”|
|Sep 15, 2012|
|For Ali P: Khomeini, the Shah, and Sanjabi|
|Aug 09, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|