People have been debating what is good for and what is going on in Iran. Is there intervention; is it desirable and what is good. Do we want democracy? Where does Reza Pahalavi fit in.
I welcome you ALL to post here and share your thoughts in a polite and civil manner.
My own thoughts are intervention is happening right now.
Therefore it is not a question of if but how. Do we get to impact it and if so how.
To me these are the priorities:
* A strong and intact Iran.
* A secular state.
* Freedom and guaranteed rights for all.
* Iran so attractive to stop the brain drain and get parts of diaspora to return.
* A strong an vibrant economy.
Not so important are:
* Actual form of government: Monarchy; Republic or whatever as long as it is free and respects our rights.
* Getting all the oil and gas wealth. We should be working not living off goo pumped out of ground.
* Independence whatever that means because I don't think any nation is really independent.
|Recently by Veiled Prophet of Khorasan||Comments||Date|
|Threats of violence|
|Feb 14, 2012|
|Please bring back SamSam to IC|
|Jan 29, 2012|
|Iran Space Program confirms attempt to send live monkey into orbit failed|
|Nov 25, 2011|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|