Numerous reports from Twitter compiled by MikVerbrugge suggest popular resistance is growing and increasingly stubbon, that the regime is having trouble finding enough thugs willing to suppress the people, and that the latter are overstretched since outbreaks of mass anger seem to be occuring everywhere in Iran. There are rumors of widespread defections among security forces yet to be confirmed. Keep in mind that the rank and file include many conscripts who come from the very people (neigfhbors, family, friends, respected clerics) the Khamenei regime has been brutalizing.
Especially interesting is an alleged urgent and top secret letter from the Expediency Council to the Supreme Leadere admitting as much and making major demands (no, not requests). Verbrugge does seems to be an insider, as claimed, and he has leaked several interesting reports some of which were subsequently confirmed.
#IranElection Msg fr Zanjan (6pm local):Clashes still on. People putting up furious fight&protests;. Right now (6pm) #IranElection Msg from Tehran: "Starting tonight, coup forces will wish they never joined. We will keep them running from point topoint all night."
clashes in entire city center.
#IranElection Msg rcvd from Najafabad road: "Gov forces had blocked road to Najafabad with tree trunks to cut us off. We moved out at midnight with tractors&trucks;, removed barriers & set tree trunks ablaze. Road was free by this morning. We still rule the town."#IranElection great anecdote : Src: Few youngsters who were arrested in yesterday's revolt in Isfahan were brought to IRGC commander.Later in evening, commander came in and asked if they were followers of Ayatollah Montazeri. They all answered yes. At midnight,commander opened the cells&freed;them thru rear exit door.
#IranElection src: Many arrests at Imam Hossein, ppl being loaded up in police trucks by AntiRiot units#IranElection src:Plain cloths&IRGC Anti Riot Bikers attacking ppl at Toopkhaneh
#iranelection Src:Many ppl near Montazeri's house,ppl planning big demo,masses growing by minute "smthg big is on tonight"#iranelection Src:Governors urgent requests for more GovForces flowing to Interior ministry,little help actually coming.
Expediency council explicitly reports to SL:
- The popular uprising has started, Government & regime have nothing to counter it with.
- A massive meltdown of loyalty & trust is underway among all branches of armed forces & commanders, accelerated to catastrophic conditions among armed forces by events following Ayatollah Montazeri’s passing.
- This could lead to a total meltdown of coherence of defense capabilities at times of gravest national security threats from foreign military forces surrounding IRI entirely.
Expediency council’s demands:
- Order complete stand down of forces, transfer of coordination responsibility for national security from Sarollah IRGC Intel to Armed Forces joint intelligence task force under Expediency Council’s guidance (Rafsanjani & Rezaei.)
- Return of IRGC & Basij Resistance groups to their bases, deployment of Artesh for upholding safety of provincial areas & city police forces in cities. The suggestion to use Artesh (National Army) & City Police (Non-paramilitary) is supported by arguing that IRGC & Basij uniforms presence alone enrages masses, presence of other uniforms may not.
- No interference with people’s demonstrations & protests.
- Avoid any use of force on protesters.
- Announce immediate action plan to address people’s demands.
- Free prisoners.
- Halt persecution and prosecution.
- Create of non-partisan revision & investigation panels for election and post election events.
- Use personalities such as Khatami,Nateq Nouri,Rezaei to address people on TV to calm them down by assuring that they approve of SL’s decree & Expediency’s plan forward.
- Allocate time for opposition on nat’l media 2 make their case but in a legal&non inflamatory way,involvement of Majlis in transitional period.
- Delegate SL powers to a leadership council w/Khamenei at it’s head.
(MY COMMENT ON THE LATTER: NO WAY!)
|Recently by FG
|MORSI’S “KHOUMEINI ACT” MAY SAVE SYRIANS FROM AN IRAN-STYLE FATE
|Dec 02, 2012
|Dec. 1st roundup: Turkey-IRI tensions grow/ Assad's troubles mount
|Dec 01, 2012
|EA analyst: REGIME'S FALL COULD BE IMMINENT!"
|Nov 29, 2012
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day
|Lawyer says death sentence suspended
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day
|Iterview with mother
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day
|46 days on hunger strike
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day
|Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day
|Kurdish Activist on Death Row