Top Iranian Mullahs corrupt, official says
Newsmax / Ken Timmerman
26-Jan-2010 (3 comments)

Another ayatollah (MOHAMMED YADZI) went to Khamenei, Palizar said, and said he wanted to build a law university for women in Qom. After receiving a license, he then asked to be given the Dena Tire company, a state-owned firm with a market value estimated at $600 million.

“Soon these gentlemen were asking for [greater] discounts, and eventually settled for 10 billion Toman [around $10 million],” Palizar said. “But then they said that they did not have the money and so would pay 80 percent of the price in installments.”

The Dena Tire company wasn’t Ayatollah Yazdi’s only payoff, Palizar revealed. He also wrote to the minister of Industries asking that his unemployed son, Hamid, be given control over the lucrative timber exports from the Caspian forests.


Naming Names

by FG on

Top industries worth hundreds of millions of dollars were sold to pro-regime Ayatollahs like the notorious Mohammed Yazdi for pennies on the dollar.  These are the same names we now hear demading death sentences for the regime's critics for committing crimes against God.   In fact, many of the thugs who have persponally attacked Karroubi, Mousavi and reform clerics were recruited from Yadzi's own students at his ultraconservative seminary. 

The author of this article, which appeared around 2008, may have been naive in his expectations that Khamenei would intervene to punish such crimes or to restrict Ahmadinejad's power.  But he was dead on in his descriptions of who stole the money, how much they got and how they pulled it off.   Perhaps someone can tell us whatever happened to Abbas Palivar, the senior member of Parliaments Investigations Committee for disclosing these thefts. 

We all know how "grateful" Khamenei was to the media for exposing the names and activities of his death squads during the Khatami presidency.  Instead of arresting and punishing the murders, the Supreme Billionaire instituted new restrictions on media freedoms and ordered the arrest of protesting journalists and students.




by 11mashty on

Am I the only one wondering why an article from June 2008 is linked here as news.  While mostly true, this isn't news. 


Khamenei's attitude + some new economic stats

by FG on

The best summary of Khamenei's attitude: "Here's the deal.  If you let me steal billions, I'll let you steal millions."

Aside from rigged elections, thievery, corruption and brutality what else bugs people about this regime?

I'd say the certain knowledge that Iran should be a rich country today if governed by a democracy with full checks and balances on its behavior (fair elections, a free press capable of investigating and reporting on sleazy behavior).


Ayande report on over 4 years of AN Administration
Ayande report on over 4 years of AN Administration :

- 47% under poverty line.
- 75% of all projects started remain unfinished&halted.
- Average inflation of 20%.
- Budget submitted one month late.
- Welfare under $20 aftr promising $70 during elections.
- Gov employees raises granted days before the election are now deduced in installments on paychecks.
- Failure to submit progress reports & answer to legal authorities for the past 4 years.
- No inflation-adjusting raises of Gov employees salaries & benefits.



From Press TV: the country has failed to decrease the jobless rate to below 7 percent due to “the crises and global sanctions.”

Those two causes wouldn‘t exist if Iran had a normal government. Causes no mentioned: “buggling incompetence, “strike it rich” mullahs and the IRCG’s economic monopoly.

From Fars: Official unemployment is 11 percent. However, new government accounting practices count people who work one hour per week as employed. Ditto for military draftees.

At least 70 percent of Iranians must survive as contract, like 3rd worlders waiting on a corner to be hired. The remaining 30 percent consists mainly of government workers with good connections. They are forced to “sing for their supper” whenever the regime needs a crowd to show support.

THE “GOOD” NEWS (once again)

The once poor Khamenei family is worth more than $36 billion--richer than the Shah whose former palaces are now their own. All--not some--of the mullahs who support this regime and are voracious in their demands for blood--have gone from poverty to multi-millionaire pocket filling.

The regime says we should admire these men and see them as roll models.

The regime says we should feel disgust for clerics like Montezeri, Karoubbi and Senei who could have enjoyed similar money and power but said, "No! No! No!