den den de den
den den de den
From ABC News in our studio in Los Angeles
This is “The Shirin Ebadi Crisis-Nobel Peace Prize Medal Held Hostage: 2009”
Good evening. This is Ted Koppel speaking from our studio in Los Angeles. This is day 4 of what began as an order from State Prosecutor of Iran, authorizing several radical thugs to raid Shirin Ebadi’s personal bank account, her pension fund, her husband's personal bank account, his pension allowance, and a safety deposit box belonging to her husband containing her Nobel Peace Prize medal, Legion of Honor, and other prizes. These items were then taken hostage, and a ransom amount of over $400,000 was demanded by the hostage takers. So far Shirin Ebadi has refused to pay the ransom amount, indicating that the demand by the hostage takers is illegal, but the hostage takers are saying “ma legal megal seramoon nemesheh (meaning they don't care about legality). Either you pay up or we are going to shoot Mr. Nobel.” It appears that at a later time the hostage takers decided to melt down "Mr. Nobel" instead of shooting him.
We are trying to connect to Peter Jennings in Tehran now.
- Peter, are you there?
- Yes Ted. I’m here.
- How is the situation down there?
- Well Ted, I had an opportunity to see "Mr. Nobel" this morning. He looked yellow.
- How are the hostage takers treating him?
- They appeared to be fighting over how to melt him down.
- Have you talked to any of them, Peter?
- Yes, I had an opportunity to talk to one Mr. Javad Seyyad Ali Akbar Rezvani Fard’e Asel.
- Please Peter, tell us what happened.
- He wants money. Lots of it. He wants Shirin Ebabi to shut up and pay up otherwise they are going to melt down "Mr. Nobel" and sell him as scrap gold in Tehran Gold Bazaar.
- But Peter, don’t they know the Medal, as it is, is worth hundreds of thousand dollars?
- They don’t care Ted. They see the medal as another Western conspiracy to Koppel; I mean to topple the Iranian government.
- And how are you coping with all of this?
- It’s been very hard on me Ted. I’ve been smoking a lot of cigarettes to calm down my nerves.
- Okay Peter. Be careful out there and ease up on those cigarettes. One day they could kill you.
We are now on standby to talk to Mrs. Shirin Ebadi, through a translator, who is hiding somewhere in the West.
- Yes, Mrs. Ebadi, can you hear me.
- aareh baba mishnavam.
- How do you feel about all this?
- vallah chi begam! khob khayli maskharast. ehsaas mikonam daran behem khayli feshar miyaran.
- And how is your husband doing?
- khob bichareh khayli kotak khodeh, vali hanooz aeteraf nekadeh.
- What do you mean he hasn’t confessed yet?
- mikhan aeteraf koneh keh man baa englisiha hamkari daram.
- Doesn’t the Iranian government collaborate with the British?
- nah baba! ghablan baa eglisiha khayli khoob boodan vali haala bishtar ba roos’ha haal mikonand.
- What are your plans now, Mrs. Ebadi?
- vallah mikham bargardam Iran. enjaa khosh nemigzareh. kesi beh adam fohsh nemideh. kesi behem too sari nemizeneh. haalam berayeh too sari khayli tang shodeh.
- What about the ransom money, are you going to pay?
- nah baba! ki pool daareh. hooghoogh bazneshastegimoon roo ham keh gereftan, nemidoonim chi kar konim.
- Well, Mrs. Ebadi, please take care of yourself and your husband. We’ll pray for you.
There you have it folks. This is day 4 of Shirin Ebadi’s Nobel Peace Prize medal held hostage. We promise to bring you the latest news every night as long as this crisis continues, then after that we’ll continue to broadcast this program for another ten years.
den den de den
den den de den
This has been an ABC production
over and out
|Recently by Multiple Personality Disorder||Comments||Date|
ناگهان، شاهین نجفی Suddenly, a song by Shahin Najafi
|Nov 13, 2012|
|Oct 01, 2012|
|Shahin Najafi, When...|
|Sep 02, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|