We are spreading a message to Iranians, Tajiks, Afghans, and others to join us in not using a “goldfish,” at their Haft Sin table. Our Nowrouz celebration will begin soon and it is beautiful time of the year which represents our identity. However, not having a goldfish will not diminish the importance of Haft Sin.
It is important to keep our good traditions and modify or eliminate the ones that are harmful to people, animals, and to the environment.
If you and your family members must add a “goldfish or mahi ghermez,” to your Haft Sin table please follow the steps which are prepared by The Center for Animal Lovers in Iran. See more information in this flyer (in Persian).
1) If you are buying a goldfish, purchase it from locations which have large containers and the containers’ water is clean.
2) The container which you use must be large (preferably glass) and have also a large opening for good air circulation.
3) The container must be away from very cold or very hot locations (and it definitely must be away from direct sunlight.)
4) If you want to change the water, have fresh water wait for at least 24 hours in another container then gently transfer the new water.
5) To prevent the goldfish from feeling lonely and frightened, always use more than one fish, preferably two.
6) Have a plan to release the fish safely after Nowruz celebration.
Some family members, relatives, and friends are accepting not having a goldfish at their Haft Sin table for the first time. Several family members and friends have difficulty accepting it that is why I am writing to seek your help.
The Center for Animal Lovers in Iran promotes kindness not only to a goldfish but to all animals. Happy Nowruz.
|Recently by Mohammad Ala||Comments||Date|
خبر نامه ی از ایران
|Jul 17, 2012|
قهرمانان جهانی ایران
|Jul 12, 2012|
"تقدیم" نامه یک کتاب
|Jul 08, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|