To read more bahmani posts visit: //bozkuhi.blogspot.com/
My article on Farhadi's win being a bittersweet moment, is generating a good debate.
To clearly set the tone and present the facts on my position and why I didn't quite enjoy it as much as some, here are some well known verifiable facts.
If you know of more, add them, if you notice an error, let me know and I will adjust. Please back up any corrections and additions with the appropriate proof/references. QBT
1. The value of a woman’s life is one half of the life of a man.
2. The testimony of two women is equal to the testimony of one man.
3. Daughters get half the inheritance that the sons get.
4. A woman does not have the right to divorce her husband.*
5. A man can divorce his wife any time he wishes and without her knowledge.
6. Men are allowed to marry 4 wives and as many “temporary” (or surrogate) wives as they wish.
7. Women cannot travel, work, go to school, or even leave the house without the husband’s permission.
8. A woman must live where her husband chooses.
9. Mothers do not get the custody of their children when their husbands divorce them.
10. Husbands can take the baby away from the mother and have another woman feed and raise the infant.
11. A widow does not get the custody of her children after the death of her husband. The children will be given to the paternal grand parents or relatives and the mother has no right of visitation.
12. If the husband has no family, the Mullah of the community takes the custody of the woman’s children and all the family money and belongings.
13. In the case of a husband’s death the wife will be left without her children, home and belongings.
14. The age of criminal responsibility, under article 1210(1) of Iran’s Civil code is set at 15 for boys and 9 for girls.
15. The law sanctions marriage of girls before 13 years of age and boys at 15.
16. In his book, Ayatollah Khomeini requires that young girls should be at the husband’s home before they reach puberty.
17. In the case of inheritance for an older wife, a mother whose children are grown, she receives only 1/8th of the value of the home. But none of the value of the land that the home is sitting on.
* Per Dr. Ala (See Below) Women have the right to divorce cheating/adulterer husbands.
|Recently by bahmani||Comments||Date|
|Argo Reform Yourself!|
|Oct 28, 2012|
|US Iranians Should Vote Locally, Nationally we're moot.|
|Oct 28, 2012|
|Mirkarimi Win Bittersweet for Iranian-Americans|
|Oct 10, 2012|
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|