the attacks against Iran are not anymore restricted to the current regime. Germanys renowned "Spiegel", in its online platform featured a lengthy article full of abuse against Cyrus the Great and attempting to discredit persian pride.
In particular this article
claims that the "first human rights charta" is nothing but propaganda by the late Shah and that Cyrus the Great by no means was any close to being a humanist, a human rights reformer, etc.
The authors claims in detail:
1. The original cylinder, found in 1879, does not mention Ahuramazda, but (the "God") Marduk
2. Cyrus was all but a role model because:
- he let the noses and ears of disobedient citizens/rebels be cut
- the royal palace contained a big harem
- Opis was attacked and all babylonian captives were executed
- honourable citizens of Priene were enslaved and/or deported after the city was sacked
3. Contrary to "propaganda" the original text does not contain any prohibition of slavery, expropriation of land...
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|