US President George W Bush has said Americans will soon be allowed to send mobile phones to relatives in Cuba.
The change in US policy follows the Cuban government's easing last month of restrictions on mobile phone ownership.
Previously they could only be bought by government officials and people working for foreign firms.
The decades-old US trade embargo against Cuba remains in place. But Americans will now be able to include mobile phones in gift parcels for Cuba.
Speaking at the White House on Cuba Solidarity Day, Mr Bush said: "Cubans are now allowed to purchase mobile phones, DVD players and computers, and they have been told that they will be able to purchase toasters and other basic appliances in 2010.>>>
|نسرین ستوده: زندانی روز||Dec 04|
|Saeed Malekpour: Prisoner of the day||Lawyer says death sentence suspended||Dec 03|
|Majid Tavakoli: Prisoner of the day||Iterview with mother||Dec 02|
|احسان نراقی: جامعه شناس و نویسنده ۱۳۰۵-۱۳۹۱||Dec 02|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Prisoner of the day||46 days on hunger strike||Dec 01|
|Nasrin Sotoudeh: Graffiti||In Barcelona||Nov 30|
|گوهر عشقی: مادر ستار بهشتی||Nov 30|
|Abdollah Momeni: Prisoner of the day||Activist denied leave and family visits for 1.5 years||Nov 30|
|محمد کلالی: یکی از حمله کنندگان به سفارت ایران در برلین||Nov 29|
|Habibollah Golparipour: Prisoner of the day||Kurdish Activist on Death Row||Nov 28|
Decades old embargo is childishby Mehdi on Thu May 22, 2008 08:30 AM PDT
Bush and others are like children playing a stupid game, proud that they have more toys. They are pathetic.