These are the most read articles in the last four issues of The Iranian.
THE IRANIAN, Issue No. 4
Editorial on political and religious respect.
- Ashpazbashi (The Soup Guy)
J. Javid on Seinfeld and David Letterman bringing fame to an Iranian soupmaker.
- Iran's Power Structure
Dr. Hooshang Amirahmadi's view of who rules Iran and how.
- Har Ayb keh Hast dar Mosalmani Mast (Persian)
Masoud Behnoud's reply to an opponent of free speech.
- From Mount Alborz to the Golden Gate (Persian)
Nima Behnoud's journey
- "Most Popular" Iranians
Iranians online vote for their favorite characters in history.
- Dokhtar khanom! Movazeb bashid! (Persian)
Iranian female courtship manners as recommended in 1954. Outrageous!
- Bebakhshid, shoma Irani hastid...? (Persian)
Hossein Tavakoli on twisted first impressions among Iranians themselves.
- Qeseye Qatle Ketab (Persian)
A. Sahameddin on book bans and publishing delays in Iran.
- Ma'roufi dar Dadgah (Persian)
One of Iran's prominent writers fights sentence.
- Alive and Kicking
20 paintings from 20 Iranian women. Amazing stuff.
THE IRANIAN, Issue No. 3
- For the Flower of Freedom
An open letter from Islamic reformist Dr. Abdolkarim Soroush.
- Open Wounds
An interview with former U.S. National Security Adviser, Gary Sick.
- "Banned" and "Freed" Names (Persian)
Iranian names you can and cannot put on your children -- officially.
- Ghalam dar Ghalaf (Persian)
Masoud Behnoud on Iranian journalism.
- Searching for Us
An Hungarian community who believe they are of Iranian origin.
- Shomal: The Pleasant Reality
An American tourist sees only green in Iran's Caspian region.
- Areh Joone Ammat
Remembering James Bond in Iran.
- From Political Islam to Secular Nationalism
Dr. Hooshang Amirahmadi believes nationalism in Iran is on the rise.
- Esm man Mostaz'af (Persian)
D. Paknezhad has a problem with banned names.
- Why Change a Name
dAyi Hamid is baffled by those who Westernize their Iranian names.
THE IRANIAN, Issue No. 2
- The Good Old Days...
Editor's Note on his hometown (Abadan) and politics.
- Masoud Behnoud: Between Extremes
Interview with Iran's premier political analyst.
- Our Boy; their Prisoner of War
Iranian soldier recalls harsh Iraqi war camp.
- Whatever Happened to Ali Parvin?
National football star is banned from coaching.
- Hazrate Fil
On the possibilities of creating an Iranian Life magazine.
- ...Who *@!*# CARES!
E. Malekzadeh on the virtues of the Iranian newsgroup, SCI.
- Writings on the Wall
Eye-catching snap shots from Tehran.
- tArof bi tArof
dAyi Hamid has forgotten Iranian manners.
- Whitney and Turkish TV
Life's little joys in Tehran.
- Like Mother Like Daughter
Gizella and Samira Sinai on their artistic endeavors in Tehran and Budapest.
THE IRANIAN, Issue No. 1
Harvard student gets booted for "sabotaging" SCI.
- Can't Touch This... Can't do That...
Paranoid computer-age moral dilemmas.
- U.S. Sanctions Against Iran: A Break for Information
Official U.S. statement on exchange of information between Iran/U.S.
- An American in Iran
S. Shaffer's first article about a rare visit by an American to Iran.
- In the Name of the Internet
Editor's Note on the launch of The Iranian.
- Cyber Playland
Popular children's computer center in Washington D.C. created by an Iranian.
- To be or Not To be Iranian
I'm not Iranian. I'm from the south of France.
- Winning Again, on Their Turf
Iranian senior citizen a champion in Virginia.
- Center for Persian Culture
Mani Farhadi's proposal for an Iranian center in Boston.
- The Past in the Present
Farah Osouli's modern miniature paintings.